Recyclable paper and commingled materials will be picked up once a week on your regular trash day. All recyclable materials must be stored/placed in the toter(s) provided by the Borough.
Single Stream Recycling means that you don’t have to separate your recyclables. Instead place all of your recyclable materials, such as paper, cans and bottles in the same recycle toter. Single stream recycling has been shown to increase household recycling by 25%. This saves time by not having to separate recyclables.
Flexible Plastic Packaging
- Air Pillows
- Baby Food Pouches
- Bread Bags
- Bubble Wrap
- Candy Pouches
- Case Wrap
- Cereal Bags
- Cheese Bags @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Chip Bags
- Detergent Pouches
- Diaper Wrap Packaging (No diapers)
- Drink Pouches
- Food Storage Bags
- Grocery Bags
- Meat Bags
- Paper Towel Overwrap @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Pet Food Bags
- Pet Treat Pouches
- Retail Bags
- Salad Bags
- Shrink Film
- Snack Food Pouches
- Wipes Pouches @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Borough is able to recycle unwanted campaign signage! All plastic signage is acceptable to be put in your normal recycling, however, we cannot accept the metal stakes that come with the sign. Please dispose of the stakes in your regular garbage.
TV and Electronic Recycling
June 17, 2021: New limit on TVs brought for recycling at Lanchester Landfill:
- Limit of (1) TV per household
- NO PROJECTION TVs
- You must show ID that you are a resident in our service area.
- Computers and computer peripherals: still a maximum of 3
This change is necessary, until further notice, due to serious capacity limitations.
This remains and free service.