About the Phoenixville Regional Planning Committee
The Phoenixville Regional Planning Committee (PRPC) is a coalition of municipalities coordinating efforts that advance regional common interests, and is comprised of Phoenixville Borough, Charlestown Township, East Pikeland Township, Schuylkill Township, and West Vincent Township. The PRPC operates within the parameters of a Regional Comprehensive Plan and Implementation Agreement to direct growth into the Region’s established communities and designated growth areas, to maximize the efficient use of existing public infrastructure, and to preserve the Region’s rural areas. To achieve its purpose, the PRPC works to:
- Protect the unique historical, cultural, and aesthetic resources that contribute to the quality of life of the Region.
- Promote economic vitality through effective organization and coordination of development, attributes, and resources.
- Implement growth management practices to provide for orderly and well-planned new development in the Region.
- Preserve open space, natural resources, and agriculture in the Region.
- Develop multi-modal transportation choices for better mobility within and through the Region.
- Encourage walkable communities with a mix of uses and a range of housing options where appropriate.
- Maintain and improve recreation options of the Region, including the trail system.
- Address the specific needs and unique conditions of each municipality in the Region.
PRPC meetings are held on the last Wednesday of each month as needed at 7:30 PM at the Schuylkill Township Municipal Building, 111 Valley Park Road, Phoenixville, PA.
PRPC Implementation Agreement
Regional Comprehensive Plan
2017 Annual Report
2018 Meeting Schedule