Phoenixville Emergency Operation Center
351 Bridge Street, 2nd Floor
Phoenixville, PA 19460
610-933-8801 Ext. 120
The mission of the Phoenixville Office of Emergency Management is to lessen the impact of disaster, both natural and man-made, on the community through the use of the principles of emergency management: mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery, as well as the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
HOW WE SUPPORT THAT STATEMENT
One of our biggest priorities during non-emergency times is to educate the Phoenixville community on preparing for all types of disasters.
- Community Outreach – First Fridays, Girl/Boy Scout Troops, School Visits & Career Days
- Social Media – In 2012, the OEM launched its Facebook page (facebook.com/oem1526) to help keep the community informed and prepared for emergencies. In 2014 we launched a Twitter account (@15prepared) and are continuing to grow our social media presence.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) and other training
In times of disaster, one role of the OEM is to provide communications, coordination and support to first responders.
- Work closely Chester County Department of Emergency Services, as well as privately-owned businesses
- Emergency Operations Center (EOC) – In the event of a major emergency, the EOC is the central hub of information and communications for the Borough of Phoenixville
- Recovery & Relief - The OEM works with various government organizations following a disaster to provide assistance for recovery and relief