FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 5, 2020
PECO to Restrict Several State Highways for Utility Improvements Across Philadelphia Region
King of Prussia, PA – PECO Energy is planning lane closures on several state highways in Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties for utility construction, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today.
The work schedule is:
- Saturday, June 6, and Monday, June 8, from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM, on Route 29 (State Road) between Dickson Road and Charlestown Road in Charlestown Township, for aerial work;
- Monday, June 8, through Friday, June 12, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, on Route 23 (Nutt Road) between 3rd Avenue and Lincoln Avenue in Phoenixville Borough, for utility installation;
- Monday, June 8, through Friday, June 12, from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, on Route 472 (Market Street) between Wickersham Road and Oxford Road in East Nottingham Township and Oxford Borough, for aerial maintenance;
- Monday, June 8, through Friday, June 12, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, on Route 282 (Creek Road) between Glen Ridge Road and Nichols Mill Road in Caln Township, for utility repair;
- Monday, June 8, through Friday, June 12, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, on Route 340 (Kings Highway) between Hurley Road and Elmwood Lane in Caln Township, for utility repair;
- Monday, June 8, through Friday, June 19, weekdays from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, on Route 352 (Sproul Road) between Rogers Way and Summit Road in East Whiteland Township, for gas main installation; and
- Monday, June 8, through October, weekdays from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, on Route 3 (West Chester Pike) between Dutton Mill Road and Edgmont Country Club entrance in Willistown Township, for overheard electrical work.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because backups and delays will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
PECO Energy will complete these projects under a PennDOT Highway Occupancy Permit. For a list of all utility work and other construction projects impacting state-owned highways in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties, visit our District 6 Traffic Bulletin.
Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties at www.penndot.gov/District6.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com or downloading the 511PA application for iPhone and Android devices. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly and like the department on Facebook at www.facebook.com/groups/phillypenndot and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot.
MEDIA CONTACT: Chelsea Lacey-Mabe, 610-205-6798